Upper Mustang Trek to Lo Manthang
Upper Mustang Trek to the forbidden walled city
Upper Mustang Trek takes you to the mysterious & forbidden “Lo Manthang ”a walled city, capital of Mustang ruled by a religious King. Being in the rain shadow rainfall in mustang is much less than the rest of Nepal. Thus creating a barren landscape bereft of trees and vegetation decorated with eroded sandstone pillars & broken moraines.
Constantly hounded by the whistling winds where you can hear the tinkling of prayer bells & where prayer flags keep on fluttering in the never ending cascade of Himalayan winds. Trek through tree less terrain of the mysterious Himalayas, untouched by modern civilization. Decorated with spectacular Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains in it’s background. A place worth a life time makes it “The Greatest Trek ever”.
TRIP FACTS :
- Style of Trek: Lodge/Tea House Trek.
- Duration: 16 Days.
- Number of Days on Trek: 13Days.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Minimum No.of Participants: 2Persons.
- Highest Point : 3800m.
- Starting Point : Kathmandu.
- Ending Point : Kathmandu.
- Best Season : April-June & September-October.
- Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer (heaviest in July, August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
- Trek availability: Private treks for minimum 2 persons on request. No group departures available.
Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
UPPER MUSTANG TREK ITINERARY
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus and overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2713m) and trek to Kagbeni (2810m). LODGE
Day 03: Trek to Chele (3200m). LODGE
Day 04: Trek to Shyangboche (3800m). LODGE
Day 05: Trek to Tsarang (3650m). LODGE
Day 06: Trek to Lo Manthang (3760m). LODGE
Day 07: Excursion to King’s Palace. Meet Mustang King at his palace. LODGE
Day 08: Trek to Lo Ghekar (3800m). LODGE
Day 09: Trek to Geling (3510m). LODGE
Day 10: Trek to Samar (3700m). LODGE
Day 11: Trek to Tetang (3100m). LODGE
Day 12: Trek to Muktinath (3800m). LODGE
Day 13: Excursion day in Muktinath. LODGE
Day 14: Trek to Jomsom (2713m). LODGE
Day 15: Jomsom fly back to Pokhara and overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 16: Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist Bus. End of Upper Mustang Trek.
—- o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport
- in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- Visa is not required for Indian Nationals to travel inside Nepal
—- o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule.Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions Apply).