14Days Everest Base Camp Trek
14 Days Everest Base Camp Trek
Close Encounters with Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal is one of the most popular Trekking Trails in the entire Himalayas & is visited by thousands of Trekkers every season. In order to save time and energy trekkers usually fly into Lukla from Kathmandu and start the fourteen days everest base camp trek from Lukla. In a period of 14Days one can Trek from Lukla(2840m) to Kalapathar the highest point on the Trek at 5550m and to Everest Base Camp at 5364m.
While in Namche Bazaar the sherpa capital of the Khumbu Region, visit the twin Sherpa Villages of Khundae & Khumjung before proceeding on to Tengboche. On a rest day at Dingboche trek to Chukung Ri or Island Peak Base Camp for incredible views of the Everest Range.
From Gorakshep take a day-hike along the Khumbu Glacier to Everest Base Camp(5,364m/17,598ft) and climb Kala Patthar Peak for panaromic view of Mt.Everest & other Peaks. Surrounded by some of the highest mountains on Earth you will bask in this incredible mountain scenery before trekking back to little visited Phortse village to end the trek in Lukla and fly out to Kathmandu.
Moderate to difficult trekking from Lukla(2,805m/9,202ft) to Everest Base Camp(5364m/17,593ft) with optional day hikes to Kalapathar(5550m/18,208ft). Accommodations are in comfortable lodges run by the Sherpa families. Participants carry their back pack only and walk at their own pace.
Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer (heaviest in July, August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
- Type of Trek: Lodge Trek.
- Total No. of Days: 14 Days.
- Trekking Days: 14 Days.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Difficult.
- Duration: 13 Nights/14 Days.
- Maximum Sleeping Altitude: 5140m/16,863ft(Gorakshep).
- Maximum Hiking Altitude: 5550m/18,208ft(Kala Patthar Peak).
- Best Season: Mar-June and Oct-Dec.
- Trek Avaliblity: Join a group trek (dates shown below).
- Private treks are availabe on request.
- Bookings are open for all the treks.
|Group Departure Dates for Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal 2018|
|05-19 March, 2018||05-19 May, 2018||05-19 November, 2018|
|10-24 March, 2018||10-24 May, 2018||10-24 November, 2018|
|20 March-03 April, 2018||20 May-03 June, 2018||20 Nov-04 Dec, 2018|
|05-19 April, 2018||05-19 October, 2018||23 Dec 2018-07 Jan,2019-Christmas-New Year|
|10-24 April, 2018||10-24 October, 2018|
|20 April-04 May, 2018||20 Oct-03 Nov, 2018|
Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla(2800m). Trek to Phakding(2625m/8Km-3Hrs). Lodge.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar(3440m/12Km-5Hrs). Lodge.
Day 03: Rest and acclimatization day with optional hikes to Khunde Khumjung. Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Thyangboche Monastery(3860m/12Km-6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Dingboche(4410m/11Km-6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 06: Rest and acclimatization day at Dingboche. Optional hike to Chukung(4730m/8Km-5Hrs).
Day 07 : Trek to Lobuche(4910m/9Km-5Hrs).Lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Gorakshep. Continue Trek up the Khumbu Glacier to Everest Base Camp(5364m/15 kms). Return to Gorakshep for overnight(5140m)Total 8-9 hours.
Day 09: Morning climb to Kala Pathar(5550m) for panoramic views of Mt.Everest & Khumbu Glacier(6kms/4hours return). Afternoon return trek to Pheriche(4240m/10kms-5hours). Lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Phortse Village(3680m/10Km/5Hrs). Lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Namche(3440m/14Km-6Hrs).
Day 12: Trek to Monjo (2835m/8Km/3Hrs). Lodge
Day 13: Trek to Lukla(2800m/16Km/6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 14: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu. End of trek.
—– o0o —–
- 2 Persons US$1110 per person
- 2-6 Persons US$1040 per person
- 7-10 Persons US$ 980 per person
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Airfare – US$328/person(subject to change without prior notice).
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Airfare for Indian Nationals: IRs.13000/person
- Airfare extra as applicable & is subject to change without prior notice.
- Indian Nationals kindly enquire within for quotes in IRupees.
—– o0o —–
TREK COST INCLUDES:
- Lodge accommodation(twin share rooms);
- Trek guide,porter/s to carry luggage;
- Fixed meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner);
- Trek permit & Park fees;
- Contribution to guide transport;
- Guide/porter insurance costs;
- Domestic flight cost extra as applicable.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Hotel Stays in Kathmandu.
- Nepal visa fees (US$ 30);
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Airfare
- Sleeping bag (can be hired in Kathmandu);
- Personal clothing/equipment;
- Meals in Kathmandu;
- Client insurance of any kind;
- Cost of evacuation (if any)in Case of emergency;
- Bottled/alcoholic drinks;
- Tea/coffee – other than at breakfast;
- Airport taxes; Expenses of personal nature.
—– o0o —–
Our trek price includes basic rooms in local trekkers lodges which have simple 2 bedded rooms with common toilets / showers. In some places like Lukla, Namche Bazaar and Kumjung some newly upgraded lodges have rooms with attached toilets-showers but this will cost extra (about US$ 20-30 per room per night). Some lodges now offer even better rooms but can cost even more.
—– o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- No Visa is required for Indian Citizens to enter and Travel in Nepal
—– o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule.Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
Read our Blog for additional Infomation: http://farouttrek.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-everest-base-camp-trail.html
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).