Bhutan Druk Path Trek
Bhutan Druk Path Trek is a popular Camping Trek in Bhutan Himalayas. Bhutan Druk Path Trek involves 6 days Trek and goes to High Altitude and is moderately strenuous. The Bhutan Druk Path Trek route passes through some beautiful High Altitude Lakes. This trek starts from Paro and ends in Thimphu. The highest point in this Trek is 3800 Meters at Semkotha.
TRIP FACTS :
- Style of Trek: Camping
- Trek Grade: Moderately Strenous.
- Duration: 11 Days.
- No.of Days on the Trek: 6 Days.
- Highest Trekking Altitude: Semkotha (3834m).
- Highest Sleeping Altitude: Semkotha (3834m).
- Starting Point: Paro-Shana.
- Ending Point: Thimpu
- Minimum No.of Participants: 2Persons.
- Best Season: April-June and September–October.
- Trek Availibility: only Private Treks for a minimum Two Pax.
- Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point.Monsoon showers in summer (heaviest in July,August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
ITINERARY FOR BHUTAN DRUK PATH TREK
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO. Drive to the Hotel . O/N in Hotel (B,L,D).
DAY 02: PARO – A EXCURSION TO TAKTSHANG.
Drive up to Satsam Chorten (10 km from Paro town) and from there walk up to Taktsang Monastery. Picnic lunch at the Taktsang cafeteria. Round hike takes about 4 Hr. Overnight: Hotel in Paro (B,L,D).
DAY 03: Druk Path Trek Starts. TREK PARO to JELE DZONG.
Altitude : 3,536 m. Distance: 10 km.
Over night: Tents (B,L,D).
DAY 04: TREK JELE DZONG to JANGCHULAKHA.
Altitude : 3,627 m. Distance : 10 km. Over night: Tents (B,L,D).
DAY 05: TREK JANGCHULAKHA to JIMILANGTSO
Altitude : 3,706 m. Distance : 11 km. Over night: Tents (B,L,D).
DAY 06: TREK JIMILANGTSO to SEMKOTHA.
Altitude : 3,834 m. Distance : 11 km. Over night: Tents (B,L,D).
DAY 07: TREK SEMKOTHA to PHAJODING through the Doupchula Pass.
Altitude : 3,536 m. Distance : 10 km. Overnight:Tents (B,L,D).
DAY 08: TREK PHAJODING to THIMPHU.
Time Taken :3 – 4hours. Altitude : 2,454 m. Distance : 7 – 8 km. Overnight: Hotel in Thimphu (B,L,D).
DAY 09: THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
Visit Simtokha Dzong on the way. This is one of the oldest fortresses in Bhutan. It was built in 1629 AD. It houses the largest monastic schools in the country. Visit Tashichho Dzong, the main secretariat building. This massive structure houses part of the government Ministries, the office of the King and the Throne Room. It also houses the State Monastic Body and the living quarters of the Chief Abbot and the senior monks. Lunch in hotel in Thimphu.
Afternoon: Visit the Memorial Chorten (a great stupa) built in memory of the Third King of Bhutan who reigned the Kingdom from 1952-1972. Visit the mini Zoo where the national animals were kept and drive to Sangeygang where you can have a spectacular view of Thimphu valley. Visit nunnery in Zulikha. Visit the Wood Craft and Painting school where traditional arts and crafts are still kept alive through the instructions of painting and curving. Visit the Handicrafts Emporium where Bhutanese textiles and other arts and crafts are displayed and can be purchased. Visit the National Library where ancient manuscripts are preserved. Overnight in Hotel in Thimphu
DAY 10: THIMPHU – PARO
After lunch, drive to Paro. Over night: Hotel in Paro (B,L,D).
DAY 11: PARO –For Final Departure. End of Druk Path Trek.
- Druk Path Trek Cost: US$2850 / person
- Druk Air fare (Extra as applicable)
- Druk Air has daily flights between Paro – Singapore , Bangkok, Kathmandu, Kolkata & Mumbai.
- Indian Nationals Kindly enquire within for Quotes in IRupees.
THE COST INCLUDES :
- Transport (Where applicable) on Jeeps / Vans / Cars.
- Airport Pick Up and Drop.
- Trekking support with an English Speaking Guide,Cook,Yaks,
- Porters etc.
- Twin Share Accommodation in Tents while Trekking.
- Twin Share Rooms in Hotel in Thimpu and Paro.
- Fixed Three Meals a day while Trekking/ Tour.
- Fees for :- a).Trekking Permit.
b). National Park
c). National Monuments etc.
THE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Air Fare on Druk Airways.
- Any Evacuation Cost in Case Of Emergency.
- Clients Insurance.
- we do not provide Bottled Mineral water during the Trek,however we
do provide Boiled drinking water.
- Sleeping Bags.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply)