Gangtok Lachen Lachung Tour with a visit to Yumthang Valley & Gurudongmar Lake
North Sikkim Tour starts with a drive from Gangtok to Lachen Lachung with a visit to Yumthang Valley and a drive to Gurudongmar Lake almost at the border with Tibet. Closed to outsiders North Sikkim was opened to the outside world only lately. North Sikkim Tour takes you to places in Sikkim with timeless Buddhist Monasteries, small Hamlets inhabited by ancient Tribes, waterfalls, deep gorges, snow clad mountains and valleys filled with seasonal flowers. The entire North Sikkim Tour revolves around the part of Sikkim close to the border with Tibet.
While on a North Sikkim Tour, drive from Gangtok in east Sikkim to lachung in North sikkim view the mesmerizing himalayan range, cross over green valleys and gaze at the waterfalls dotted at every bend and corner. While in Lachung drive to Yumthang Valley, known as the switzerland of Sikkim, a picture perfect valley with a river flowing in the middle and sorrounded on both sides by the snow clad himalayas and the valley floor filled with seasonal flowers.
Drive further on to North Sikkim to Lachen stay overnight and drive to Gurudongmar Lake situated on the Sikkim Tibet Border at an altitude of 18,000feet. On the way back stop at places to view miles of meadows running into the tibetan mainland. Visit the age old monastery in Lachen.
Highlights of the North Sikkim Tour
Yumthang Valley at an altitude of 12400ft. Drive to zero Point in the Tibetan Plateau almost at the Border with Tibet. Gurundongmar Lake 18000ft overlooking Tibetan Plateau. Century old Monastery at Lachen. Meeting the ancient Lepcha Tribes of North Sikkim. And ofcourse enjoying hospitality and the sublime beauty of the most remote part of Sikkim Himalayas.
TRIP FACTS :
- Total No.of Days: 9 Days.
- Minimum No. of Participants : 2Pax.
- Style of Tour : Jeep Tour.
- Starting Point: Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
- Ending Point : Bagdogra Airport / NJP Rail Station / Nepal Border.
- Best Season : March–June & September-December.
- Customized private Trek & Tour can be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
North Sikkim Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive at Bagdogra Airport / NJP Rail Station. Gangtok Lachen Lachung Tour Starts.
Receive and Drive to Gangtok. Overnight Hotel.
Day 2: Gangtok Sight Seeing. Overnight Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Tchangu Lake-Nathula Border Post. Drive back to Gangtok. Overnight Hotel.
Day 4: Drive to Lachung. Overnight Hotel.
Day 5: Drive to Yumthang Valley. Return to Lachung for the Night.Overnight Hotel.
Day 6: Drive to Lachen. Overnight Hotel.
Day 7: Early Morning Drive to Gurudongmar Lake(17,800ft) at the Sikkim Tibet Border.
Return to Lachen. Overnight Hotel.
Day 8: Drive back to Gangtok. Overnight Hotel.
Day 9: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station / Nepal Border. End of North Sikkim Tour.
Extension can be made to Darjeeling/Bhutan.
—– o0o —–
Gangtok Lachen Lachung Tour Cost :
- 2- 4 Persons : US$890 / Person
- 6 – 8Persons : US$810 / Person
- Indian Travellers Kindly Enquire for quotes in Indian Rupees
—– o0o —–
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Hotel accommodation-twin share including breakfasts in Standard Hotel.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Sikkim.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- personal clothing/equipment.
- Cable Car Ride in Gangtok & Tchangu Lake
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
—– o0o —-
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).