Annapurna Circuit Tilicho Lake Trek “Holy Grail of Circuit Treks in the world”
Annapurna Circuit trek, long, epic and a beautiful trek in Nepal Himalayas winds through some of the world’s highest mountain range with diverse climatic conditions, ranging from tropical to semi arid alpine zones. Combine this circuit trek with a side trek to Tilicho Lake, a high altitude glacial lake at an altitude of 4990m and the Annapurna Circuit Tilicho Lake Trek becomes one of your greatest trek to remember.
After Having done this circuit Trek with stunningly beautiful Himalayan scenery and enjoying the hospitality of the local people, you will remember this as one of your favourite treks in Nepal.
The Himalayan Scenery surrounding the terrain of the Annapurna Circuit Trek described as the most outstanding circuit treks in the world will absolutely captivate you right from the very first day. It can be said, that trekking Nepal’s long and epic Trek through the most beautiful part of Nepal Himalayas can have a life changing experience in your travels.
After having said that, do remember that trekking the trails of the Annapurna Circuit trek is not just a walk in the park. The intensive days that you spend walking the 210Km long trail on your feet is the most challenging and inspiring that you will ever encounter.
Highlights of the Annapurna Circuit Trek
Besides the breath taking scenery of the Annapurna Circuit Trek between Manang and Yak Kharka, Lower Pisang and upper Pisang, the main highlights of the Trek is the change in the topography and the vegetation as you proceed on the Trek. The vegetation changes from Banana and coffee plantation to Pine Forest to Knee deep snow in just a couple of days.
Where to Start ? The most popular starting Point of this Circuit Trek
The most popular starting point of the Annapurna circuit trek is Jagat. There are a number of options to start this trek and it totally depends on the participant. Besisahar used to be the traditional starting point of this trek. But nowadays most of the Trekkers drive till Jagat or Chame while some even drive till Manang and start the Trek from there. This is not advisable as one do not get time to acclimitize to higher altitude. Moreover by driving this far you will miss the scenery that entails with this trek. At Farouttrek, we drive till Jagat and start the Annapurna Circuit Trek from here.
Where to end the Annapurna Circuit Trek/Combining Annapurna Base Camp & Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
If you are limited on time or do not feel like walking all the way than one can skip the trek to Annapurna Base Camp and end the Annapurna Circuit Trek in Jomsom with a flight back to Pokhara or one can have an option of driving all the way to Tatopani to Nayapul and to end the trek in Pokhara. But if you have the energy and the motivation to walk further, than one can also trek further on to Annapurna Base Camp and to Ghorepani Poonhill and trek till Birethanti and finish the circuit trek with a two hours Jeep drive to Pokhara.
Can the Annapurna Circuit Trek be Customized by Adding Tilicho Lake Trek ?
Add a couple of more day to the Annapurna Circuit Trek and proceed on the Tilicho Lake Trek and you will realize it was worth it. Tilicho Lake situated at an altitude of 4990m is considered the highest glacial lake in the world. It is being said that without a side trek to Tilicho Lake the circuit trek will be incomplete. One can also proceed on to Annapurna Base Camp and then to Ghorepani Poonhill, a classic view point at Poonhill for the mountain views or end the circuit trek in Jomsom and fly out to Pokhara.
Our recommendation is to trek to Upper Pisang and drop down to Manang. This route provides some of the best sceneries on this Trek.
Is it a camping Trek or a Tea House Trek ?
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a Tea House Trek with accommodation in lodges run by local families. These lodges are very basic with a simple twin share room with common washroom and restroom. At a particular time these lodges can accommodate about twenty to twenty five people at a time.
Local Food, that is Dal, Bhat and vegetable curry are available widely. Other than Dal Bhat other items are also available on demand. Avoid taking meat on the trek route as some of the lodges offer Yak meat Burgers etc. It is recomended that you order your food at the lodge you are staying in.
When is Best time to embark on this Circuit Trek ?
April – May with an abundance of Rhododendron flower is a good time go on this Annapurna Circuit Trek but the best time recomended to embark on this trek is in October when the temeprature and the weather in this Annapurna area is at its best.
TRIP FACTS :
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
- Duration: 20 Nights / 21 Days
- Maximum Sleeping Altitude: 4450m/14,500ft (Thorong Phedi)
- Maximum Hiking Altitude: 5416m/17,769ft (Thorong La Pass)
- Best Season: Mar-June and Oct-Dec.
- Trek availability: Group Departures (Ex-Kathmandu).
- Join a group trek (dates shown below)
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
Group Departure Trek Dates for Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek 2020 (Ex-Kathmandu)
- 11-31 March, 2020
- 11 April-01 May, 2020
- 11-31 May, 2020
- 26 Sepember-16 October, 2020
- 11-31 October, 2020
- 11 November-01 December, 2020
- Private treks are available on request for a minimum of two persons
ANNAPURNA CIRCUIT TREK ITINERARY WITH TILICHO LAKE TREK
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Besisar(820m). Trek to Bhulbhale(7Km). Lodge.
Day 2: Trek to Bhulbhale to Jagat (1310m/19Km/5Hrs.). Lodge.
Day 3: Trek Jagat to Dharapani (1860m/16Km/5Hrs).Lodge.
Day 4: Trek Dharapani to Chame(2610m/16Km/6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 5: Trek Chame to Lower Pisang (3310m/15Km/4-5Hrs). Lodge.
Day 6: Trek Lower Pisang to Manang(3540m/16Km/6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 7: Rest/acclimatization day at Manang. Lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Khangsar(3760m/11Km/4Hrs). Lodge.
Day 9: Trek Khangsar to Tilicho Base Camp(4920m/22Km/6Hrs). Lodge.
Day10: Exploration day to Tilicho Lake (4920m/6Hrs). Lodge.
Day11: Trek Tilicho Base Camp to Letdar High(4200m/4Hrs). Lodge.
Day12: Trek to Thorung Phedi(4450m/5Km). Lodge.
Day13: Cross Thorung La pass(5416m) to Muktinath(3800m/16Km). Lodge.
Day14: Trek to Kagbeni(2800m/9Km). Lodge.
Day15: Trek to Marpha(2670m/15Km). Lodge.
Day16: Trek to Kalopani(2535m/17Km). Lodge.
Day17: Trek to Tatopani(1200m/20Km). Lodge.
Day18: Trek to Ghorepani(2870m/14Km). Lodge.
Day19: Early morning climb Poon Hill(3Km)for sunrise views. Trek to Gandruk village. Lodge.
Day20: Trek to Birethanti (1025m). Drive to Pokhara. Hotel.
Day21: Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu. Annapurna Circuit Trek ends.
COSTS : US$1680 per person
- Transport in Tourist Bus( Kathmandu to Pokhara).
- Basic accomodation at local lodges on twin sharing basis.
- Services of experienced English speaking local trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage while on trek (1 porter for 2 persons).
- Insurance for trekking staff, guides, porters etc.,
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) fees.
- National Park entrance fees.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) registration fees.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) included for the duration of the trek.
- Departure Tax where applicable (domestic/international flights).
- Domestic Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu airfare (if requested by clients).
- Transport from Pokhara to Kathmandu at the end of the Trek.
- Travel/Trekking/Medical insurance.
- Rescue operations by helicopter.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Mineral water, boiled drinking water, soft drinks and any alcoholic beverages, tips and any personal expenses.
- Nepal Visa Fees.
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport, etc.).
- Hotel accomodation in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accomodation in Pokhara at the End of the Trek.
- Any cost arising from political disturbances, strikes, cancellation of flights, deviation in program, delays due to landslides/ road blockage, or otherwise.
—- o0o —–
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport
- in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- Indian Nationals do not need a visa to travel inside Nepal
—- o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants,etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake trek is very strenuous and demands top physical form. A physical fitness check-up is a must. Even the experienced trekker should prepare for 2 to 3 months prior to the trek.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).