Annapurna Base Camp Trek – A Trek into the Annapurna Sanctuary known for Circular views of the Annapurna Range
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a seven days trek in central Nepal, that leads to a high glacial valley North of Pokhara at an elevation of 4130m known as the Annapurna Sanctuary. Also known as the Annapurna Base Camp, the glacial basin surrounded on all sides in a circular motion by the Annapurna Massif and it’s Range all of them over 7000m tall is what makes the Annapurna Sanctuary unique and appealing and at the same time popular. Annapurna Base Camp Trek Route is a single path that runs in a valley along the banks of Modi Khola between the two big Himalayan giants, Hiunchuli and Machapucharae.
Lately, the number of trekkers has increased substantially, in part because the Annapurna Sanctuary also known as the Annapurna Base Camp forms the base of the Annapurna Massif, a big God like mountain looking down like a guardian angel and often seen right from day one of the trek.
Unique feature of the Annapurna Sanctuary
Annapurna Sanctuary surrounded on all sides by high mountains gets only seven hours of daylight. Moreover, the unique combination of height and depths has given rise to an extraordinary eco system to this area. The south facing slopes which get more rainfall are covered in dense Rhododendron and Bamboo forest. While the north facing slopes which lie in the rain shadow close to the Tibetan Plateau has dry and colder climatic condition. To conclude, this is what makes the Annapurna Base Camp Trek very unique
Annapurna Base Camp Trek for the people of Nepal is a religious trek. The Annapurna Sanctuary surrounded on all sides by the Annapurna Massif and it’s plethora of peaks is a sacred place for the local tribes. They believe that the Annapurna Sanctuary was the repository of wealth left behind by the Gods and Machapucharae at the entrance of the Annapurna Sanctuary is worshipped as the abode of Lord Shiva, a Hindu Diety.
March to May is an appropriate season for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek when the forest are overwhelmed with Rhododendron Flowers and wild flower blooms. The valley floors maybe a little hazy but once at the Annapurna Sanctuary the views will be clear.
October and November are the most popular time for this trek when the just concluded monsoon rains creates the environment around crisp, fresh and clear for the mountain views.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a Moderate Trek ascending to a maximum altitude of 4130m at the Annapurna Sanctuary. With a total distance of about sixty eight Kilometer to cover both ways, at an average one has to cover about ten kilometer and the longest trek is on the return trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo and that is fifteen Kilometer.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Difficult
- Duration: 09 Nights/11 Days
- Maximum Sleeping Altitude: Annapurna Base Camp – 4130m/13,550feet
- Maximum Hiking Altitude: Annapurna Base Camp
- Best Season: Mar-June and Oct-Dec.
- Trek availability: Join a Group Dates Shown Below.
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK ITINERARY
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara(6Hrs). Overnight Hotel in Pokhara (B/B only).
Day 02: Drive to Phedi (1Hr). Trek Starts. Trek to Dhampus(1700m/2Hrs) to Pothana (1890m/1Hr). Overnight Lodge at Pothana.
Day 03: Trek to Bichok (2080m) to Tolka (1700m) to Landruk(1640m/4Hrs). Overnight Lodge in Landruk
Day 04: Trek Landruk to New Bridge(1340m) to Jhinu(1780m) to Chomrong(2210m/5Hrs). Overnight Lodge in Chomrong.
Day 05: Trek Chomrong to Lower Sinuwa to Upper Sinuwa(2360m) to Kuldighar(2540m) to Bamboo(2310m) to Dovan(2600m/5Hrs). Overnight Lodge in Dovan.
Day 06: Trek Dovan to Himalaya(2873m) to Deorali (3200m) to Machapuchare Base Camp (3700m/ 6Hrs). Overnight Lodge MBC.
Day 07: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp(4130m/2Hrs). Day of exploration to Annapurna Base Camp. Overnight Lodge at Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 08: Trek Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan (2600m). Overnight Lodge.
Day 09: Trek Dovan to Koomroong Danda (2260m/5Hrs). Lunch at Kymrung Khola. Overnight Lodge. 5 Hours.
Day 10: Trek Koomroong Danda to Gandruk (1990m/1Hr). Drive Back to Pokhara ( 3Hrs Drive)
Day 11: Drive Back to Kathmandu. End of the Trek.
—- o0o —–
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Costs: US$870/person
- Indian Nationals Kindly write to us for quotes in Indian Rupees
—- o0o —–
ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK COST INCLUDES:
- Transport in Tourist Bus( Kathmandu to Pokhara).
- Basic accommodation at local lodges on twin sharing basis.
- Services of experienced English speaking local trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage while on trek (1 porter for 2 persons).
- Insurance for trekking staff, guides, porters etc.,
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) fees.
- National Park entrance fees.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) registration fees.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) included for the duration of the trek.
- Departure Tax where applicable (domestic/international flights).
- Domestic Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu airfare (if requested by clients).
- Transport from Pokhara to Kathmandu at the end of the Trek.
- Travel/Trekking/Medical insurance.
- Rescue operations by helicopter.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Mineral water, boiled drinking water, soft drinks and any alcoholic beverages, tips and any personal expenses.
- Nepal Visa Fees.
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport, etc.).
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara at the End of the Trek.
- Any cost arising from political disturbances, strikes, cancellation of flights, deviation in program, delays due to landslides/ road blockage, or otherwise.
—- o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport
- in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- Indian Nationals do not need Nepali Visa to Travel inside Nepal.
—– o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All Relevant Terms & Conditions Apply).