Mera Peak Climbing – Climb Nepal’s Highest Trekking Peak
Mera Peak 6474m tall located inside the Sagarmatha National Park and lying in the Hinku Valley is the highest trekking peak in Nepal Himalayas. Mera Peak climbing involves a steep, straight forward climb to the summit and a person with little knowledge of mountaineering can also undergo Mera Peak Expedition.
Mera Peak Climbing has been a popular peak to climb ever since Mera Peak was declared a Trekking Peak by the Nepal Government because of the fact that Mera Peak Expedition remains an ideal Peak to hone up your mountaineering skills before attempting to climb higher peaks in the near future.
Also, Mera Peak Climbing gives one the thrills of an expedition even though little technical knowledge and mountaineering equipment is needed to embark on this expedition. After having said that, it is to be remembered that the climb to the summit of Mera Peak is a real challenge and one needs to be physically fit in order to Climb Mera Peak.
Standing to the south of Mt. Everest, Mera peak dominates the watershed between the heavily wooded valleys of the Hinku and Hongu Drangkas. The gradual ascent to the Base of Mera Peak is condusive for acclimatization. Mera Peak Climbing Trekking is a fully organized trek cum expedition with all camping equipments, Climbing Equipments, meals, climbing guide and porters included.
Highlights of Mera Peak Climbing
The Summit of Mera Peak is one of the finest viewpoints in Nepal Himalayas. The spectacular views of Five 8000m peaks. V.i.z. Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Everest and Cho Oyu at a single glance is the finest Himalayan scenery that you will ever witness in the entire Himalayas.
When is the best time to Climb Mera Peak ?
Best time to plan Mera Peak Climbing is from April to May when the Temperature and the weather is just right and also from September to November. Mera Peak Climbing can also done during the winter months too.
How Difficult is Mera Peak Climbing ?
With an altitude of 6476m Mera Peak is the highest Trekking Peak in Nepal and is quite high peak to climb. The climb to the summit is a straight forward steep trek up on Glaciar and a basic mountaineering skill is all that is needed for Mera Peak climbing. Crampons and Ice Axe are an essential personal equipments need, but there will be some time at the Base Camp where our climbing guide will guide you in this matter.
Having said that it is to be remembered this a high altitude climb and is very difficult and requires high level of fitness. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that you trek slowly and acclimitize well. Drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated and eat well so that you will have a fair chance of summiting the Mera Peak in good physical condition.
Can I customize the itinerary and shorten the number of Days ?
It is possible to shorten the trekking days and attempt to summit Mera Peak in fewer days if you have a lot of high altitude experience and if you are physically very fit. We at Farouttrek are happy to oblize and customize the Mera Peak Climbing Itinerary for you. It is imperative to remember that the number of trekking days can be shortened by doing away with the rest days and by trekking direct to Zatwa La. This will save time, but you will need to remember that you will be trekking directly to 4500m and this can lead to Altitude Sickness and the chances of summiting Mera Peak will be low.
Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer(heaviest in July,August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
Availability: Customized private Mera Peak Climbing can be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
Mera Peak Climbing Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla. Overnight Lodge.
Day 02: Trek to Chuthanga. Overnight Lodge.
Day 03: Chuthanga Acclimatization. Overnight Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Thuli Kharka. Overnight Lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Kothe. Overnight Lodge.
Day 06: Kothe Acclimatization. Overnight Lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Thagnak. Overnight Lodge.
Day 08: Thagnak Acclimatization. Overnight Lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Khare (BC). Overnight Camp
Day 10: Acclimatization. Overnight Camp.
Day 11: Trek to High Camp. Over night Camp
Day 13: Climb to the summit of Mera Peak and return to Khare. Overnight Lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Kothe. Overnight Lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Thuli Kharka. Overnight Lodge.
Day 16: Trek to Lukla. Overnight Lodge.
Day 17: Fly Kathmandu. End of Mera Peak Climbing Trekking.
—– o0o —–
- MERA PEAK CLIMBING COST : US$2400/Person
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Air Fare: US$328 ( Included in the Cost).
- Mera Peak Climbing Fees (Included in the Cost)
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Air Fare: IRs.13,000 (For Indian Nationals)
- Indian Nationals Please feel free to enquire within for costs in Indian Rupees.
- Airfare is subject to Change without prior notice.
- Tour price will depend on final number in group
- Peak Permit,Trekking permits,National Park fees.
- Accommodation in Lodges on twin Share Basis
- Trek arrangements with tents,cook and porter/s.
- NMA Registered Climbing Guide for trek and climbing.
- Equipment Fees for climbing guide.
- Group climbing equipment (rope,pitons,snow bars,etc.).
- Guide/porter insurance costs.
- Garbage deposit($250 per group)with NMA.
COST DOES NOT INLUDES:
- Any services in Kathmandu (hotels,tours,etc.).
- Sleeping bags(can be hired in Kathmandu).
- Personal climbing equipment (ice-axe,crampons,harness etc).
- Bottled/alcoholic drinks, tips and personal expenses.
- Client insurance,evacuation costs(if any).
- Airport tax, tips and expenses of a personal nature
- Domestic air-fare(Ktm/Lukla/ktm).
—– o0o —–
Our trek price includes basic rooms in local trekkers lodges which have simple 2 bedded rooms with common toilets/showers. In some places like Lukla, Namache and Kumjung some newly upgraded lodges have rooms with attached toilets-showers but this will cost extra (about US$ 20-30 per room per night). Some lodges now offer even better rooms but can cost even more.
—– o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
—– o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).