Classic Everest Base Camp Trek
Follow in the footsteps of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa on this Classic Everest Base Camp Trek. With the roads being opened up the classic Everest Base Camp Trek Route has been shortened. Drive Kathmandu to Phaplu in Solu Region and slowly trek on the world famous Everest Trail through the Khumbu Region of Nepal. Trek on to Everest Base Camp and Khumbu Glacier. Climb Kalapathar from Gorakshep to get the unforgettable view of the Everest Range. Feel the Himalayas as you get sorrounded by the worlds highest peaks.
Classic Everest Base Camp Trek is a Moderate to Strenuous Trek. One needs to be Physically fit to do this Trek. Accompanied by a Guide and a Porter(One Porter for two Persons) one gets to trek at his/her own pace. Accommodation will be provided in lodges run by local families.
- Type of Trek: Lodge/Tea House Trek.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Difficult.
- Starting Point : Kathmandu-Phaplu.
- Total No. of Days: 19Days
- Ending Point : Lukla.
- Maximum Sleeping Altitude: 5140m/16,860ft(Gorakshep).
- Maximum Hiking Altitude: 5550m/18,200ft(Kala pathar).
- Best Season: March–June & September–December.
- Trek Availibility: Join a Group Trek(Dates Shown Below).
- Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer (heaviest in July, August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
- Customized private Treks can be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
Classic Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu to Phaplu(2415m/8Hrs). Overnight Lodge.
Day 02: Trek to Nunthala(2200m/6-7Hrs). Overnight Lodge.
Day 03: Trek to Bupsa(2350m/5-6Hrs). Overnight Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Surkhe(2400m/5-6Hrs). Overnight Lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Phakding(2835m/5-6Hrs). Overnight Lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Namche Bazaar(3440m/12Km-5Hrs). Lodge.
Day 07: Rest and acclimatization day with optional hikes around Namche. Lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Khunde-Khumjung(3780m/4Km-2Hrs). Lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Thyangboche Monastery(3860m/12Km-6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Dingboche(4410m/11Km-6Hrs). Lodge.
Day 11 : Rest and acclimatization day at Dingboche. Optional hike to Chukung(4730m/8Km-5Hrs).
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche(4910m/9Km-5Hrs). Lodge.
Day 13: Trek up the Khumbu Glacier to Everest Base Camp(5364m/15 kms).Return to Gorakshep of overnight(5140m)Total 8-9 hours.
Day 14: Morning climb to Kala Pathar(5550m) for panoramic views of Mt.Everest & Khumbu Glacier(6kms/4hours return). Afternoon return trek to Pheriche(4240m/10kms-5hours). Lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Phortse Village(3680m/10Km/5Hrs). Lodge.
Day 16: Trek to Namche(3440m/14Km-6Hrs).Lodge.
Day 17: Morning Free in Namche. Afternoon Trek to Monjo(2835m/8Km/3Hrs). Lodge.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla(2800m/8Km/3Hrs).
Day 19: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu. End of Classic Everest Base Camp trek.
—– o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport
- in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- Visa is not required for Indian Citizens to travel inside Nepal
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants etc may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply)