Bhutan Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek
12 Days Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek in Bhutan Himalayas is an interesting trek which focuses on the natural beauty of Mt.Jhomolhari and physical fitness of trekkers. Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek is based on utmost trekking desire of trekkers. Bhutan Jhomolari Base camp Trek is meant for strong walkers and physically fit trekkers . Jomolhari Base Camp Trek Starts at Drukgyal Dzong and passes through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows. Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek attains a maximum altitude of 15,114 ft. A memorable camp is at the base of Mt. Jhomolari.
TRIP FACTS :
- No. of Days on the Trek : 6 Days.
- Total No. of days : 12 Days.
- Type of Trek : Moderate to Strenous.
- Highest Point : 4240 m.
- Starting Point : Paro – Shana.
- Ending Point : Shana.
- Minimum No. of Participants : 2 ( Two).
ITINERARY for Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek
Day 1 : Arrive Paro Airport. Fly in from Bangkok. O/N in Hotel in Paro ( All Meals Included).
Day 2 : PARO SIGHTSEEING. Hotel.
Day 3 : PARO – A EXCURSION TO TAKTSHANG. O/N Hotel in Paro.
Day 4 : PARO – SHANA(2800m/17Km-5-6hrs). Trek Starts. Tents.
Day 5: Trek SHANA to THANGTHANGKHA(3860m/15Km-6-7hrs). Tents.
Day 6: Trek THANGTHANGKHA to JANGOTHANG(4240m/19Km-6hrs). Tents.
Day 7 : JANGOTHANG – Rest Day.
Day 8 : JANGOTHANG to THANGTHANGKHA . Tents.
Day 9: THANGTHANGKHA to SHANA. Tents.
Day 10: SHANA to PARO to THIMPU. End of Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek Trek. Hotel.
Day 11: THIMPHU – A DAY EXCURSION TO DOCHULA PASS & Sight Seeing. Hotel.
Day 12: THIMPU – PARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT for Final Departure.
THE COST INCLUDES :
- Transport (Where applicable) on Jeeps / Vans / Cars.
- Airport Pick Up and Drop.
- Trekking support with an English Speaking Guide,Cook,Yaks,
- Porters etc.
- Twin Share Accomodation in Tents while Trekking.
- Twin Share Rooms in Hotel in Thimpu and Paro ( All Meals included).
- Fixed Three Meals a day while Trekking/ Tour.
- Fees for :- a).Trekking Permit.
b). National Park
c).National Monuments etc.
THE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:-
- Any Evacuation Cost in Case Of Emergency.
- Clients Insurance.
- we do not provide Bottled Mineral water during the Trek,however we do provide Boiled drinking water.
- Sleeping Bags.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is a relatively difficult requiring good physical fitness. Few weeks training is advised and a physical fitness check-up is a must.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).