Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek – An adventurous Trek in Bhutan to the foot of Jhomolhari
Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek also spelled as Chomolhari Base Camp Trek in Bhutan Himalayas is an interesting trek which displays the natural beauty of Mt.Jhomolhari and tests the physical fitness of trekkers. Jhomolari Base camp Trek in Bhutan is meant for strong walkers and physically fit trekkers .
Chomolhari Base Camp Trek Starts at Drukgyal Dzong and passes through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows. This short Base Camp Trek attains a maximum altitude of 15,114 ft. A memorable camp at the base of Mt. Jhomolhari.
How Hard is this Trek ?
Chomolhari Base Camp trek is a Moderate to strenuous Trek with the trk going upto the highest altitude of 4240m at the Jhomolhari Base Camp.
What is included in the Cost ?
The Jhomolhari Base Camp trek Cost includes all Permits for Bhutan, Bhutan Visa Fees, Twin Share Accommodation in Quality Hotels in Thimpu and Paro with all meals, Transport in luxury Cars and Taxes.
When is the best time embark on this Trek ?
March to May is the best time to go on this trek when the temperature is very congenial for trekking. The Rhododendron and other high altitude flowers will also be in full bloom during this time. September to October is also the best time to trek to the foot of the Jhomolhari when the skies are clear of dust and smog for clear mountain views.
TRIP FACTS :
- No. of Days on the Trek : 8Days.
- Total No. of days : 12 Days.
- Type of Trek : Moderate to Strenous.
- Highest Point : Jhomolhari Base Camp – 4240m(Jangothang)
- Highest Camp Site : Jangothang – 4240m
- Starting Point : Paro – Shana.
- Ending Point : Dolam Kencho
- Minimum No. of Participants : 2 (Two).
Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrive Paro Airport. Fly in from Bangkok. O/N in Hotel in Paro-2200m (B,L,D).
Day 02 : A Day in Paro – Excursion to Takthang. Overnight Hotel in Paro. (B,L,D)
Day 03 : Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek Starts. Trek Paro (2200m) – Shana (2800m/17Km-5-6hrs). Tents.
Day 04 : Trek Shana to Thangthangkha (3860m/15Km-6-7hrs). Tents.
Day 05 : Trek Thangthnagkha to Jangothang (4240m/19Km-6hrs). Tents.
Day 06 : Jangothang (Chomolhari Base Camp – 4100m) – Rest
Day 07 : Trek Jangothang to Nyile La (4850m/18Km/8Hrs) . Tents.
Day 08 : Trek Nyile la to Shodu (3950m/8Hrs).
Day 09 : Trek Shodu to Barshong (3700m/8Hrs). Tents.
Day 10 : Trek Barshong to Dolam Kencho (3Hrs ). Drive to Thimpu (2Hrs). Overnight Hotel (B,L,D).
Day 11 : Morning Thimpu Sight Seeing. Afternoon Drive to Paro. Overnight Hotel (B,L,D).
Day 12: Drive to Paro International Airport for Final Departure.
- Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek Cost : US$3000 / person
- Druk fare (Extra as applicable)
- Druk Air has daily flights between Paro to Singapore , Bangkok, Kathmandu, Kolkata, Mumbai.
- Indian Nationals Kindly enquire within for Quotes in IRupees.
Trek Cost Includes :
- Transport (Where applicable) on Jeeps / Vans / Cars.
- Airport Pick Up and Drop.
- Trekking support with an English Speaking Guide,Cook,Yaks,
- Porters etc.
- Twin Share Accomodation in Tents while Trekking.
- Twin Share Rooms in Hotel in Thimpu and Paro ( All Meals included).
- Fixed Three Meals a day while Trekking/ Tour.
- Fees for :- a).Trekking Permit.
b). National Park
c).National Monuments etc.
Cost Does not Include :-
- Any Evacuation Cost in Case Of Emergency.
- Clients Insurance.
- we do not provide Bottled Mineral water during the Trek,however we do provide Boiled drinking water.
- Sleeping Bags.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is a relatively difficult requiring good physical fitness. Few weeks training is advised and a physical fitness check-up is a must.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).