Singalila Pass Phoktey Dara Trek through the Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary
Singalila Pass Trek, a gentle trek through Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary . A beautiful offbeat tourist destinations in West Sikkim. Sikkim Singalila Pass Trek is a moderate Trek attaining a maximum altitude of 3700m at Singalila Pass. Trek from Varsey to Uttarey through the Varsey Rhododendron National Park in West Sikkim . With a total trekking distance of around 50Km the Hilley Varsey Trek in Sikkim goes through the famous Varsey Rhododendron park.
During spring the forest is decorated with multi colored rhododendron flowers. Every spring Rhododendron festival is organized here. The highlight of the Singalila Pass Trek is the magnificent view of Everest and Kanchenjunga Range from Phoktey Dara and Singalila Pass. Not many trekkers have trekked on this route as the more famous Goechala Pass Trek or the Sandakphu Phalut Trek in the neighbouring Darjeeling Hills.
Moderate Camping Trek from 2600m(Hilley) to 3700m(Singalila Pass). Participants carry their day pack only with their personal Items in them.Main Baggage will be carried by the Ponies/Porters. Full Camping equipments will be provided to the Trekkers.
- Type of Trek : Camping Trek.
- Total No. of Days : 10Days.
- Trek Days: 6Days.
- Starting & Ending Point: Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
- Highest Trekking Point: Singalila Pass – 3700m
- Trek Grade : Moderate.
- Trek Availability : Only Private Treks are available for a minimum of 2 Persons.
- Best Season : March – June & September to December.
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
SINGALILA PASS PHOKTEY DARA TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
Drive to Gangtok (5Hrs). Overnight Hotel.
Day 2: Gangtok Sight Seeing. Overnight Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Hilley(2600m). Overnight Tents/Lodge.
Day 4: Hilley Varsey Trek starts. Trek Hilley to Varsey (2750m/5Km-3Hrs). Overnight Tents.
Day 5: Trek Barsey to Joributey(2700m/12km-6Hrs). Overnight Tents.
Day 6: Trek Joributey to Kalijhar(3400m/13Km-7Hrs).Overnight Tents.
Day 7: Early Morning Trek to Singalila Pass(3700m/8Km-6Hrs Round Trek). Return Trek to camp site.
Day 8: Early morning climb to Phoktey Dara view point for spectucular views of Everest & Kanchenjunga Range. Return to camp site. Trek to Uttarey(14Km-7Hrs). Overnight Lodge.
Day 9: Drive Back to Kalimpong. Overnight Hotel.
Day 10: Drive back to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border. End of Hilley Varsey Trek. Extension can be made to Darjeeling / Nepal / Bhutan.
- Singalila Pass Phoktey Dara Trek Costs: US$790/Person
- Indian Travellers do ask for quotes in Indian Rupees
Phoktey Dara Trek Cost Includes :
- Hotel accommodation – twin share including breakfasts.
- Twin share tent with mattress during camping/trekking.
- Fully organized trek services with guide, porters, camping equipment.
- All fixed three meals everyday during trekking/Camping.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Sikkim.
- Airport Pick up and Drop.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag; personal clothing/equipment.
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: The above given itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).