Trek Darjeeling‘s famous mountain trail to the foothills of the Kanchenjunga Range. Reasons why Darjeeling Sandakphu Trek makes it the most interesting Trek in the Eastern Himalaya. A great trekking experience with the best trekking route. Easy to moderate trekking & unobstructed view of four highest mountains in the world draws many to the Sandakphu Phalut Singalila Ridge Trek.
With a large variety of Rhododendrons covering the Singalila National Park, the singalila Ridge is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the Indian Himalaya. The Riot of colors that cover the entire hill sides during spring, coupled with the views of the four highest Mountains in the world. It trully makes the singalila ridge a place to be in.
Moderate to Easy Trekking from 1981m at manebhanjyang to 3636m at Sandakphu. Trekkers carry their day pack with their personal items in them & walk at their own pace. Main baggage will be carried by porters/ponies. Accommodation is provided in Trekkers huts in Tongloo, Sandakphu and Phalut. Accommodation in private lodges run by local families will be offered in Gorkhay, Kalipokhari and Timburey. Local food will be provided in Tea houses and Lodges of stay.
TRIP FACTS :
- Style of Trek: Tea House Trek.
- Duration:10 Days.
- Number of Days on Trek:7days.
- Grade: Moderate-Easy.
- Minimum No. of Participants: 2Persons.
- Highest Point : Sandakphu(3636m).
- Highest Camp Site: Sandakphu(3636m).
- Starting Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railstation/Nepal Border.
- Ending Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railstation/Nepal Border.
- Best Season : March-June & September–December.
- Climate: Days are normally warm.Nights can at times be(general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point.Monsoon showers in summer (heaviest in July,August)and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
- Trek Availibility : Join a Group on the dates given below.
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
|Group Departure Dates for Darjeeling Sandakphu Trek-2018|
|03-13 March, 2018||06-16 May, 2018||02-12 Nov, 2018|
|24 March-03 April, 2018||23 Sept-03 Oct, 2018||05-15 Nov, 2018|
|08-18 April, 2018||01-11 Oct, 2018||25 Nov-05 Dec, 2018|
|22 April-02 May, 2018||17 Oct-27 Oct, 2018||09-19 Dec, 2018|
|Group Departure Dates for Darjeeling Sandakphu Trek-2019|
|07-18 March, 2019||09-19 May, 2019||02-12 Nov, 2019|
|28 March-07 April, 2019||26 Sept-06 Oct, 2019||8-18 Nov, 2019|
|11-21 April, 2019||03-13 Oct, 2019||28 Nov-08 Dec, 2019|
|25 April-05 May, 2019||17 Oct-27 Oct, 2019||12-22 Dec, 2019|
DARJEELING SANDAKPHU TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border. Drive to Darjeeling. Hotel.
Day 2: Acclimitization Day. Walking Tour of Darjeeling. Evening Free t Explore Darjeeling . Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Maneybhanjyang(1981m). Trek Starts.
Trek to Tongloo(3001m/13Km). Trekkers Hut.
Day 4: Trek Tongloo to Kalpokhari(3100m/15Km). Lodge.
Day 5: Trek Kalpokhari to Sandakphu(3636m/5Km). Trekkers Hut.
Day 6: Trek Sandakphu to Molley(3480m/16Km-6Hrs). Trekers Hut.
Day 7: Trek to Phalut(3566m/9Km) to Gorkhay(15Km. Lodge.
Day 8: Trek Gorkhay to Timburey(2300m/16Km-5Hrs). Home Stay
Day 9: Trek to Rimbik(2331m/18Km).Drive to Darjeeling. End of Trek. Hotel.
Day10: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal border for Final Departure.
Extension can be made to Bhutan, Sikkim or Nepal.
|2-3 Pax||US$ 870/pax|
|4-6 Pax||US$ 815/pax|
|7-10 Pax||US$ 760/pax|
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Hotel accommodation – twin share including breakfasts.
- Twin share Rooms in Lodges with mattress during Trekking.
- Fully organized trek services with guide, porters, Ponies.
- All fixed three meals everyday during trekking.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Darjeeling.
- Airport Pick up and Drop.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag; personal clothing/equipment.
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc.,may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).