13Days Sikkim Goechala Pass Trek
13 Days Sikkim Goecha la Trek
Goechala Pass trek a guide to trekking in Sikkim
The 45Km long Sikkim Goecha la Pass Trek route extends from the temperate lowlands of Yuksom to Alpine zones of Dzongri Thansing & Lamunee. Rated as the sixth most strenuous treks in Indian Himalayas, Sikkim Goecha la Trek is the most popular high altitude trek in eastern Himalayas.
At an elevation of 4990m Goechala pass is the highest point on this Trek. Sikkim Goecha la Trek is an absolute visual Treat with mesmerizing upclose views of the Kanchenjunga Range from Dzongri at an elevation of 4030m. The Yuksom to Dzongri Goechala Pass Trek starts from Yuksom & ends in Yuksom. One can also start the trek from Pelling & end in Yuksom.
Kanchenjunga National Park with an area of 1784 Sq.km, a UNESCO world Heritage site was established in the year 1977. With unexplored virgin Forests & home to a variety of Flora & Fauna this park is a global bio diversity hotspot. The National Park lying between the lowland of Yuksom & Mt.Kanchenjunga is home to Sikkim’s famous high altitude Sikkim Goecha la Trek. So when you have a trail passing through such bio diversity hotspot, you can experience the best of nature & her bounties.
Moderate to strenous camping trek from Yuksom(1760m) to Goechala Pass(4990m) deep into the Kanchenjunga Range. All camping equipments & food will be provided. Participants carry their day pack only with their personal items in them & walk at their own pace. Main baggage will be carried by ponies/porters.
- Trek Grade : Strenous to Moderate.
- Minimum No. of Participants : 2 Pax.
- Highest Point: 4990m(Goechla Pass).
- Highest Camp Site : Lamunee(4164m).
- Total No. of Days : 13 Days.
- No. of Days on the Trek: 8 Days.
- Style of Trek : Camping(Tents).
- Starting Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
- Ending Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
- Best Season : March to June & September to December.
- Tour Avaliblity: Join a group trek(dates shown below)/Private treks available on request.
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
|Group Departure Dates for Sikkim Goecha la Trek -2018|
|17-29 March,2018||12-24 May,2018||27 Oct-08 Nov,2018|
|31 March-12 April,2018||22 Sept-04 Oct,2018||10-22 Nov,2018|
|14 April-26 April,2018||29 Sept-11 Oct,2018||17 Nov-29 Nov,2018|
|28 April-10 May,2018||13-25 Oct,2018|
|Group Departure Dates for Sikkim Goecha la Trek -2019|
|16-28 March,2019||11-23 May,2019||26 Oct-07 Nov,2019|
|30 March-11 April,2019||21 Sept-03 Oct,2019||09-21 Nov,2019|
|13 April-25 April,2019||28 Sept-10 Oct,2019||16 Nov-28 Nov,2019|
|27 April-09 May,2019||12-24 Oct,2019|
SIKKIM GOECHA LA TREK ITINERARY
Day 1 : Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border. Drive to Gangtok(1622m)-5 Hours Drive. Hotel.
Day 2 : Gangtok Sight Seeing. Hotel.
Day 3 : Drive to Yuksom(1760m). Trek Road Head–5 Hours Drive. Hotel.
Day 4 : Trek Starts. Trek Yuksom to Bakhim (2828m)-11Km. Camping.
Day 5 : Trek Bakhim to Dzongri(3950m)-11.2 Km. Camping.
Day 6 : Rest Day at Dzongri. Trek to Dzongri Top(4030m) for Sunrise/Sunset. Side Trek to Dzongrila Pass(4100m). Camping.
Day 7 : Trek Dzongri to Thansing(3840m)-7 Km. Camping.
Day 8 : Trek Thansing to Lamunee(4164m)–3.8 Km. Camping.
Day 9 : Trek to Goechala Pass(4990m).Return Trek to Kookrochoong(3725m)-24Km. Camping.
Day 10: Trek Kookrochoong to Tchoka(2975m)-9.55Km. Camping.
Day 11: Trek Tchoka to Yuksom(1760m)-12Km. Lodge.
Day 12: Drive to Kalimpong(1200m)-4-5 Hours Drive. Hotel.
Day 13: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal for Final Departure. End of the Trek-3 Hours Drive.
Extension can be made to Darjeeling/Bhutan & Nepal.
- 2-3Pax : US$1030/pax
- 4-6Pax : US$970
- 7-10Pax : US905/pax
- Indian Nationals kindly enquire within for price quote in Indian Rupees.
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Hotel accommodation – twin share including breakfasts.
- Twin share tent with mattress during camping/trekking.
- Fully organized trek services with guide, porters, camping equipment.
- All fixed three meals everyday during trekking/Camping.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Darjeeling and Sikkim.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag; personal clothing/equipment.
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Likewise, numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants, etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. Therefore, we reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is strenuous and demands good physical form. Hence, a physical fitness check-up is recomended.