Langtang Helambu Gosaikunda Trek “A walk through the Langtang National Park”.
Langtang Helambu Trek is a rewarding classic trek within reach North of Kathmandu valley. Instead of going through hair raising mountain flights as accompanies other treks in Nepal, Langtang Helambu Trek starts with a simple Bus ride to the trek the head at Syabru Besi to explore the Langtang valley and the surrounding high meadows of Helambu and Gosaikunda Lake. Another bonus of the Langtang Valley trek is that the trail does not exceed 3800m reducing the rest days for acclimatization.
In the shadow of the Himalayan giants like the Ganesh Himal and Langtang Liru, Langtang Helambu Trek presents some of the most mesmerizing Himalayan sceneries this side of the Nepal Himalayas. With a trek through dense Rhododendron forests and herds of Blue Sheep that abound in these high alpine meadows the Langtang Valley Trek makes for a perfect trekking holiday in Nepal Himalayas.
On a rest day at Kyangjin Gumba, climb a ridge on the Yala Peak(5100m) or trek to the foot of the Langshisha glacier for spectacular views of the glacier & snowfields, surrounded on all sides by the lofty Himalayan peaks of Langtag-ri, Langsisa, Langtang Himal & Ganjala peak. Nestled on the terraced hill side, the Sherpa villages of Helambu, Holy Gosaikunda Lake and Laurebenayak Pass (4610m) presents a perfect trekking getaway.
Good For : Mountain Views, Monasteries, Proximity to Kathmandu Valley and low elevation as compared to other iconic treks like the EBC etc. Peace and less crowd
TRIP FACTS :
- Style of Trek: Lodge / Tea House Trek.
- Duration: 13Nights & 14 Days.
- Number of Days on Trek: 13 Days.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Strenuous.
- Minimum No. of Participants: 2 Persons.
- Starting Point: Kathmandu
- Ending Point: Kathmandu
- Tour Availiblity: Join a group trek (dates shown below).
- Customized Private treks available on request for a minimum of Two Persons.
LANGTANG HELAMBU TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Dunche and Sabru Besi(1460m/7Hours). LODGE.
Day 2: Langtang Helambu Trek Starts. Trek to Lama Hotel(2560m). LODGE.
Day 3: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa(3817m). LODGE.
Day 4: Day at Kyanjin for exploration.Morning climb to Tsergo Ri(4983m). LODGE.
Day 5: Trek to Lama Hotel(2560m). LODGE.
Day 6: Trek to Sabru. LODGE.
Day 7: Trek to Singh Gompa(3250m). LODGE.
Day 8: Trek to Gosainkunda(4397m). LODGE.
Day 9: Trek to Gopte(3440m). LODGE.
Day 10: Trek to Tare Pate(3640m). LODGE.
Day 11: Trek to Tarke Gyang(2590m). LODGE.
Day 12: Trek to Kiul(1280m). LODGE.
Day 13: Trek to Pati Bhanjayang(1860m). LODGE.
Day 14: Trek to Sundarijal. Drive to Kathmandu. End of Helambu Langtang Trek.
—– o0o —–
Nepal Tourist Visa
- Nepal Tourist visa is readily available on arrival at the
- International Airport in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- Indian Nationals do not need Nepal Visa to Travel inside Nepal.
—– o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).