7Days Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek a moderate Trek in Annapurna himalayas
Ghorepani Poonhill trek works well for those who are short on time and also for those who find high altitude of Annapurna Base Camp Trek a little daunting. Annapurna Poonhill trek can be done in under a week, with time to take in the culture and sights of Nepal.
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is generally Altitude Sickness Free as this trek reaches a maximum of 3210m only at Poonhill. Annapurna Poonhill Trek offers great photo oppurtunities as it offers constant views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machapuchare throughout the Trekking Trail.
Annapurna Village Poonhill Trek starts with a drive from Kathmandu and ends in Pokhara. One can either drive back or fly back to Kathmandu. One can also extend the Trek with a wildlife safari at Chitwan.
Easy to Moderate Trekking to a maximum trekking Altitude of 3210m at Poon Hill. Participants get to carry only their Day Pack with their personal Items in them. Main Baggage will be carried by Porters. Food & Accommodation will be provided in lodges run by local Families. Lunch will be provided in tea house along the trek route.
With the motorable roads being built in these areas one can shorten the Trek to a great extent. One can drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk a four hours drive. Stay overnight in Ghandruk and start the trek from Ghandruk. From Ghorepani one has the option of trekking till ulleri and a drive back to Pokhara. This will entail a total of three days Trek only.
- Trek Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Duration: 6Nights & 7 Days
- Maximum Sleeping Altitude: 1950/ 6527ft.(Ghandruk)
- Maximum Hiking Altitude: 3210m/10,528ft(Poon Hill)
- Best Season : January-May & October – December
- Trek Availibility: Join a Group Dates Shown Below(Ex Kathmandu).
GROUP DEPARTURES (Ex Kathmandu).
Every Saturdays: January-May & October-December, 2019 & 2020
Annapurna Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek Itinerary
Day 1 : Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara to Phedi. Start trek to Dhampus(1700m).
Driving Time Pokhara to Phedi: 45 Minutes.T rekking Time:2 Hrs. Overnight Lodge.
Day 2: Trek to Landruk(1620m). Trekking Time:6Hrs -7Hrs. Overnight Lodge.
Day 3: Trek to Gandruk(1990m). Trekking Time:3 Hrs – 4 hrs. Overnight Lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Banthanti. Trekking Time:6hrs – 7 hrs. Overnight Lodge.
Day 5: Trek to Gorepani(2870m). Trekking Time:4-5 hrs. Overnight Lodge.
Day 6: Early morning climb to Poon Hill (3210m) for sunrise views of
Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. After breakfast trek to Tirkedunga(1500m).
Trekking Time: 4Hrs – 5 hrs. Overnight Lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Birethanti(1000m) to Nayapul. Drive to Pokhara. End of trek.
Trekking Time: 2Hrs
—– o0o —–
- COSTS : US$560 per Person
- Indian National please enquire within for quotes in IRupees.
—– o0o —–
TREK COST – INCLUDES
- Transport in Tourist Bus( Kathmandu to Pokhara).
- Basic accommodation at local lodges on twin sharing basis.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) included for the duration of the trek.
- Services of experienced English speaking local trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage while on trek (1 porter for 2 persons).
- Insurance for trekking staff, guides, porters etc.,
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) fees/National Park entrance fees & TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) registration fees.
- Departure Tax where applicable (domestic/international flights).
- Domestic Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu airfare (if requested by clients).
- Transport from Pokhara to Kathmandu at the end of the Trek.
- Travel/Trekking/Medical insurance.
- Rescue operations by helicopter.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Mineral water, boiled drinking water, soft drinks and any alcoholic beverages, tips and any personal expenses.
- Nepal Visa Fees.
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport, etc.).
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara at the End of the Trek.
- Any cost arising from political disturbances, strikes, cancellation of flights, deviation in program, delays due to landslides/ road blockage, or otherwise.
—– o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport
- in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
- Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
- Visa is not required for Indian Nationals to Travel inside Nepal
—– o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
(All Relevant Terms & Conditions apply).