8Days Neora Valley Nature Trek
8 Days Neora Valley Darjeeling Short Trek
Darjeeling short Trek in Neora Valley Nature Reserve Park to Rachela Pass
Neora Valley National Park is located in Eastern Himalayas. With an area of 89Square Kilometres it is the richest bio-diversity park in India & a treasure trove of flora & fauna. Established in the year 1986 in Kalimpong Sub-Divison of Darjeeling is a UNESCO world heritage site. With an amazing bio-diversity & pristine ecosystem Neora Valley Reserve Park is home to a number of endangered plants, animals and birds.
It is also home to the famous Rachela Pass Trek. And when you have a trek route among these forests, you can experience the best of nature and her bounties. At an altitude of 3152 Rachela Pass is the highest point in Neora Valley National Park. It is also the tri-junction between West Bengal, Sikkim & Bhutan. Rachela Pass corridor was actually a trade route between Sikkim and Bhutan. This Nature Trek is an absolute visual treat. There are various options for this trek to start or end. One can start the trek from Lava & end in Mulkharka. A small beautiful hamlet in the Darjeeling Hills or in Samsing in Dooars. This Trek can also be done in reverse manner.
Reserve Park Darjeeling Short Trek is through virgin forests of bamboo and pine that are hardly explored. Forests are thick and dense and you can really feel the silence of the forest here. At Rachela pass, surrounded by rhododendron trees, you can get mesmerising views of Jelep La pass, Nathu La Pass, Singalila Range & Chola range. This unexplored trail through Neora Valley National Park is actually a true gem and a perfect opportunity to get close to nature.
TRIP FACTS :
- Minimum No. of Participants : 2 Persons.
- Best Season: October to May.
- Trek Grading: Easy to Moderate.
- Duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 3152m/10338ft. (Rachela Pass)
- Start / End Point: Bagdogra Airport or Nepal Border or NJP Railway Station.
- Tour Availability: Join a group trek (dates given below)
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
Group Departure Dates for Neora Valley Nature Trek in Darjeeling
17-26 April,2018. 15-24 May,2018. 02-11 Oct,2018.
01-10 May,2018. 05-14 June,2018. 16-25 Oct,2018.
RACHELA PASS DARJEELING SHORT TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
Meet Local Guide & Drive to Kalimpong. HOTEL(B/B ONLY).
Day 2: AM :Visit the Durpin Monastery & Kalimpong Bazaar & Drive to Lava(2100m). HOTEL(B/B ONLY).
Day 3: Trek Lava to Zero Point ( 12Km)
Day 4: Zero Point to Rachela Pass –Alubari-14Km
Day 5: Rachela Pass to Bada Ramitey -7Km
Day 6: Bada Ramitey to Mulkharka (14Km).
Day 7: Drive to Back to Kalimpong. Overnight Hotel.
Day 8: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border for Final Departure.
Sikkim Extension: 3 to 7-Day Extention Tours Available-Gangtok, Rumtek Monastery, Pelling, Tsango Lake, North Sikkim,etc.
|2-3 Persons||US$ 630 per person|
|4-6 Persons||US$ 590 per person|
|7-10 Persons||US$ 550 per person|
Indian Nationals please feel free to enquire within for quotes in IRupees
COST INCLUDES :
- Transport (Where applicable) on Jeeps / Vans / Cars.
- Airport Pick Up and Drop.
- Trekking support with an English Speaking Guide,Cook,Yaks,Porters etc.
- Twin Share Accomodation in Tents while Trekking.
- Twin Share Rooms in Hotel including breakfast.
- Fixed Three Meals a day while Trekking/ Tour.
- Fees for :- a).Trekking Permit.
b). National Park
c).National Monuments etc.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:-
- Lunches and Dinners During Hotel Stays.
- Any Evacuation Cost in Case Of Emergency.
- Clients Insurance.
- we do not provide Bottled Mineral water during the Trek,however we do provide Boiled drinking water.
- Sleeping Bags.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule.Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc.,may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety,comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).