13 Days Sikkim Goechala Pass Trek
Sikkim’s most famous trek to Kanchenjunga Base Camp
Sikkim Goechala Pass Trek is a popular high altitude trek in Sikkim Himalayas. Highlight of this Trek is the Goechala Pass(4990m) at the foot of the 3rd.Highest mountain in the world, Mt.Kanchenjunga. Sikkim Goechala Pass Trek is moderate to strenous in nature and involves eight days of trekking. Trek Route traverses through thick virgin forest of the Kanchenjunga National Park until Phedang(3560m). Dzongri at an altitude of 3950m is bereft of any tall vegetation. Stunted cryptomeria bushes cover the alpine hill sides. Sikkim Goechala Pass Trek takes you deep into the bosom of the Kanchenjunga Range.
Witness the picture perfect view of the 3rd.Highest Mountain in the world, Mt.Kanchenjunga & it’s sister peaks from the View point at Dzongri. Trek to Dzongrilla Pass on the rest day. Camp beside the river Prekchu at Thansing and Lamunee with Mt.Pandim(6691m) looking down upon you. Trek through the holy Samiti Lake(4210m) and trudge along the Onglathang Glacier to Goechala Pass.
Moderate to strenous camping trek from Yuksom(1760m) to Goechala Pass(4990m) deep into the Kanchenjunga Range. All camping equipments & food will be provided. Participants carry their day pack only with their personal items in them & walk at their own pace. Main baggage will be carried by ponies/porters.
- Trek Grade : Strenous to Moderate.
- Minimum No. of Participants : 2 Pax.
- Highest Point: 4990m(Goechla Pass).
- Highest Camp Site : Lamunee(4164m).
- Total No. of Days : 13 Days.
- No. of Days on the Trek: 8 Days.
- Style of Trek : Camping(Tents).
- Starting Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
- Ending Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border.
- Best Season : March to June & September to December.
- Tour Avaliblity: Join a group trek(dates shown below)/Private treks available on request.
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
|Group Departure Dates for Goechala Pass Trek in Sikkim-2018|
|17-29 March,2018||12-24 May,2018||27 Oct-08 Nov,2018|
|31 March-12 April,2018||22 Sept-04 Oct,2018||10-22 Nov,2018|
|14 April-26 April,2018||29 Sept-11 Oct,2018||17 Nov-29 Nov,2018|
|28 April-10 May,2018||13-25 Oct,2018|
|Group Departure Dates for Goechala Pass Trek in Sikkim-2019|
|16-28 March,2019||11-23 May,2019||26 Oct-07 Nov,2019|
|30 March-11 April,2019||21 Sept-03 Oct,2019||09-21 Nov,2019|
|13 April-25 April,2019||28 Sept-10 Oct,2019||16 Nov-28 Nov,2019|
|27 April-09 May,2019||12-24 Oct,2019|
SIKKIM GOECHALA PASS TREK ITINERARY
Day 1 : Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border. Drive to Gangtok(1622m)-5 Hours Drive. Hotel.
Day 2 : Gangtok Sight Seeing. Hotel.
Day 3 : Drive to Yuksom(1760m).Trek Road Head–5 Hours Drive. Hotel.
Day 4 : Trek Starts. Trek Yuksom to Bakhim (2828m)-11Km. Camping.
Day 5 : Trek Bakhim to Dzongri(3950m)-11.2 Km. Camping.
Day 6 : Rest Day at Dzongri.Trek to Dzongri Top(4030m) for Sunrise/Sunset.Side Trek to Dzongrila Pass(4100m). Camping.
Day 7 : Trek Dzongri to Thansing(3840m)-7 Km. Camping.
Day 8 : Trek Thansing to Lamunee(4164m)–3.8 Km. Camping.
Day 9 : Trek to Goechala Pass(4990m).Return Trek to Kookrochoong(3725m)-24Km. Camping.
Day 10: Trek Kookrochoong to Tchoka(2975m)-9.55Km. Camping.
Day 11: Trek Tchoka to Yuksom(1760m)-12Km. Lodge.
Day 12: Drive to Kalimpong(1200m)-4-5 Hours Drive. Hotel.
Day 13: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal for Final Departure. End of the Trek-3 Hours Drive.
Extension can be made to Darjeeling/Bhutan & Nepal.
|2-3 pax||US$ 1030/pax|
|4-6 pax||US$ 970/pax|
Domestic travellers kindly enquire within for price quote in IRupees.
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Hotel accommodation – twin share including breakfasts.
- Twin share tent with mattress during camping/trekking.
- Fully organized trek services with guide, porters, camping equipment.
- All fixed three meals everyday during trekking/Camping.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Darjeeling and Sikkim.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag; personal clothing/equipment.
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc.,may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail.We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety,comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is strenuous and demands good physical form. A physical fitness check-up is recomended.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).