Tholung Valley Nature Trek in North Sikkim Trek
North Sikkim trek to little visited Tholung Monastery
10Days North Sikkim Trek in the Tholung valley leads you to the tholung valley home of ethnic Lepcha people of Sikkim which is now a protected area. Lepcha Tribes live in small villages amongst the dense forested slopes high above the Tholung valley. Tholung monastery houses many relics and antiques collected from other monasteries for safe keeping. Many of these relics are displayed on a special day every three years. The trek up this beautifully forested valley leads to the higher alpine valleys where yaks graze below the snow capped mountains of the Kanchenjunga range.
TRIP FACTS :
- Trek Grading: Easy to Moderate.
- Type of Trek : Camping/Tents.
- Duration: 9 Nights/10 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 2600mm/8000ft.
- Best Season: March-June and October-November.
- Starting Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station/Nepal Border.
- Ending Point : Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station/Nepal Border.
- Tour Avaliblity: Only private treks are available on request for minimum of 2 persons.
- Minimum 4 participants required for treks to operate.
- Note: Minimum 6 months notice required to process permits for North Sikkim.
THOLUNG VALLEY NATURE TREK ITINERARY
Day 1 : Arrive Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station/Nepal Border. Drive to Bagdogra to Gangtok. Hotel(B/B).
Day 2 : Full day sightseeing around Gangtok including Rumtek Monastery. Hotel (B/B).
Day 3 : Drive north of Gangtok to Mangan and on to Singhik. Enroute visit Podong Monastery. Camping.
Day 4 : Enjoy early morning views of Kanchanjunga range from Singhik. Drive from Singhik to the road-head at Lingsha. Start trek to Tsana in Tholung valley. Camping.
Day 5 : Continue trekking up the valley to Tholung Gompa. Afternoon visit the little known Tholung Monastery. Camping.
Day 6 : Day of exploration hike up the Tholung Valley. Camping.
Day 7 : Trek back to Lingsha. Camping.
Day 8 : Early morning drive to Singik for views of Kanchanjunga Range. Drive back to Gangtok. Afternoon free in Gangtok. Hotel.
Day 9 : Free day in Gangtok. Optional day trip to Thangu Lake. Hotel.
Day 10: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border for Final Departure. End of the Trek.
COSTS : US$ / Person
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Hotel accommodation – twin share including breakfasts.
- Twin share tent with mattress during camping/trekking.
- Fully organized trek services with guide, porters, camping equipment.
- All fixed three meals everyday during trekking/Camping.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Darjeeling and Sikkim.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag; personal clothing/equipment.
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply)