15Days North Sikkim Green Lake Trek
15Days North Sikkim Green Lake Trek
High Altitude Trek to Green Lake area in Newly Opened North Sikkim
North Sikkim Green Lake trek leads to the Zemu Glacier at the base of Mt. Kanchanjunga. Meet the Lachenpas the inhabitants of Northern Sikkim and trek to East Base Camp of Mt Kanchanjunga at Green Lake from the eastern side. Trek through villages,hills and river valleys along the foothills of the great Kanchanjunga Range. Pristine areas and villages visited by a very few westerners till today. Newly opened,little trekked, area close to the Tibetan border in North Sikkim. Spring is best for many varieties of rhododendron and high altitude plant life. Spring/summer treks are of interest to birdwatchers and flowering plants. Octover-November is best for clear weather and good mountain views.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Strenuous.
- Duration: 14 Nights/15 Days
- Maximum Trek Altitude: Zemu Glacier-5500m/18000ft.
- Maximum Camp Altitude: Green Lake-4945m/16000ft.
- Starting & Endging Point: Bagdogra or Bhadrapur Airport or NJP Railway Station.
- Best Season: April-May and October-November.
- Trek Availiblity: Only private treks are available on request for minimum of 2 persons.
- Note: Minimum 6 months notice required to process permits for North Sikkim.
North Sikkim Green Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 1 : Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station/Nepal Border. Drive to Gangtok (1622m). HOTEL(B/B ONLY ).
Day 2 : Gangtok Sight Seeing.Visit Rumtek Monastery. HOTEL.
Day 3 : Drive Gangtok to Lachen(123Km). HOTEL.
Day 4 : Trek Starts.Trek to Tallem. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 5 : Trek Tallem to Jakthang. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 6 : Trek Jakthang to Yabuk. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 7 : Trek Yabuk to Rest Camp. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 8 : Rest Day for Exploration and Acclimitization. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 9 : Trek Rest Camp to Green Lake. Camp (B,L,D).
Day 10: Day Hike from Green Lake to Zemu Glacier. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 11: Trek Back to Yabuk. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 12: Trek Back to Jakthang. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 13: Trek Back to Lachen. Camp(B,L,D).
Day 14: Drive Back to Gangtok. Hotel(B/B ONLY).
Day 15: Drive to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Rail Station for Final Departure.
Extension can be made Darjeeling, Bhutan and Nepal.
Meals: B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D= Dinner.
COSTS : US$2250/person .
Indian Nationals Kindly enquire within fore quotes in IRupees
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Hotel accommodation – twin share including breakfasts.
- Twin share tent with mattress during camping/trekking.
- Fully organized trek services with guide, porters, camping equipment.
- All fixed three meals everyday during trekking/Camping.
- All road transport as per itinerary by car/jeep.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to monuments visited.
- All Permits for Darjeeling and Sikkim.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag; personal clothing/equipment.
- Lunches and dinners during hotel stays.
- Bottled or alcoholic drinks.
- Tips, client insurance, evacuation costs.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule.Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc.,may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail.We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety,comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is strenuous and demands good physical form.A physical fitness check-up is recomended.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).