12Days Rara Lake Trek
12Days Nepal Rara Lake Trek
Nepal Camping Treks to the rarely visited Rara Lake
12 Days Nepal Rara Lake Trek is off the beaten path and passes through Isolated villages perched on Hill sides. Focal point of Nepal Rara lake Trek is the Rara Lake at an altitude of 2990m, described by GORP founder Bill Greer “A shimmering blue jewel set in a ring of snowy peaks” inside the Rara National Park. Rara Lake area is the least visited area in Nepal Himalayas. Rara National Park is popular with bird watchers and nature lovers as it is home to a wide variety of Flora and Fauna. A Trekkers Paradise for Adventure seekers.
TRIP FACTS :
- Minimum No. Of Participants : 2 Persons.
- Type of Trek : Tents/Camping.
- Highest point : 3270m.
- Trail grade : Strenuous.
- Total duration : 14 Days.
- Starting Point : Kathmandu.
- Ending Point : Kathmandu.
- Best Season : February to May and September to December.
- Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer(heaviest in July, August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
- Trek availability: Private treks only for a minimum of 2 persons on request. No group departures available.
RARA LAKE TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Flight Kathmandu–Nepalgunj.HOTEL.
Day 2: Flight Nepalgunj – Jumla(2370m).Tents.
Day 3: Trek to Danphe Langa(3130m).Tents.
Day 4: Trek Danphe Langa toChautha(2770m). Tents.
Day 5: Trek Chautha to Dhotu(2380m). Tents.
Day 6: Trek to Dhotu to Rara Lake(3040m). Tents.
Day 7: Rest and explore Rara Lake. Tents.
Day 8: Trek to Ghorasingha(3190m). Tents.
Day 9: Trek to Sinja(2440m).Tents.
Day10: Trek to Jaljala chaur(3270m). Tents.
Day11: Trek to Jumla. End of Nepal Rara Lake Trek. Tents.
Day12: Flight Jumla-Nepalgunj–Kathmandu.
|COSTS :US$1280 per Person|
Indian Nationals please enquire within for quotes in IRupees
|Restricted Area Fees (Extra as applicable ) : – |
For the first 7 days US$90 per person and after 7 days US$ 15 per day per person payable in convertible foreign currency.
|Airfare for Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Jumla : US$315/person( Flight Fare extra as applicable ).|
TREK COST INCLUDES :
- Accommodation in Nepalgunj.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
- All transportation by private car.
- Simikot Humla Restricted Area permit.
- Rara National Park Permit and all necessary permits.
- 1 experienced,helpful and friendly guide,1 cook and 1 helper,porters(1 porter for 2 peoples),their
- food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
- All Camping Equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- Office Service charge.
- All government tax.
TREK COSTS EXCLUDES:
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and
- strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver…
NOTE : The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants,etc., may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is a relatively difficult requiring good physical fitness. Few weeks training is advised and a physical fitness check-up is a must
(All relevant terms & conditions apply).