17Days Mera Peak Climbing Trekking
17 Day Mera Peak Climbing Trekking
Climb Nepal’s Highest Trekking Peak (6,654m)
For those looking to achieve their first Himalayan ascent, Mera Peak Climbing is an ideal place to start your mountaineering life, where you get the thrill of an expedition . Although technically an easy climb, it is however a real challenge to reach the summit of Nepals highest Trekking Peak. Standing to the south of Mt. Everest, Mera peak dominates the watershed between the heavily wooded valleys of the Hinku and Hongu Drangkas. The gradual ascent to the Base of Mera Peak is condusive for acclimatization. The Highlights of Mera Peak Climbing is the spectacular views of Five 8000m peaks. V.i.z. Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Everest and Cho Oyu at a single glance from the Summit of Mera Peak. Fully organized trek with all camping, meals, climbing guide and porters included.
- Type of Trek: Lodge /Tea House Trek with 3 Days of Camping.
- Total No.of Days: 17 Days.
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Difficult.
- Maximum Sleeping Altitude: 5140m/16,863ft(Gorakshep).
- Maximun Hiking Altitude: (6,654m/21,825ft)–Mera Peak.
- Best Season: March to June & September to December.
- Peak: Mera Peak (6,654m/21,825ft).
- Area: Hinku Valley in Everest Area, Nepal.
- Route: North Face Glacier from Mera-La.
- No Group Departure Dates are available.
- Please plan your arrival in Kathmandu two days prior to the trek start date.
- Tour price will depend on final number in group
Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer(heaviest in July,August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
Availability: Customized private Treks are arranged for a minimum of Four persons on request on a date of your choice.
Mera Peak Climbing Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla. Overnight Lodge.
Day 02: Trek to Chuthanga. Overnight Lodge.
Day 03: Chuthanga Acclimatization. Overnight Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Thuli Kharka. Overnight Lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Kothe. Overnight Lodge.
Day 06: Kothe Acclimatization. Overnight Lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Thagnak. Overnight Lodge.
Day 08: Thagnak Acclimatization. Overnight Lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Khare (BC). Overnight Camp
Day 10: Acclimatization. Overnight Camp.
Day 11: Trek to High Camp. Over night Camp
Day 13: Summit Mera return Khare. Overnight Lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Kothe. Overnight Lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Thuli Kharka. Overnight Lodge.
Day 16: Trek to Lukla. Overnight Lodge.
Day 17: Fly Kathmandu. End of Trek.
- COSTS : US$1510/Person
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Air Fare: US$328
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu Air Fare: IRs.13,000 (For Indian Nationals)
- Indian Nationals Please feel free to enquire within for costs in Indian Rupees.
- Peak Permit,Trekking permits,National Park fees.
- Trek arrangements with tents,cook and porter/s.
- NMA Registered Climbing Guide for trek and climbing.
- Equipment Fees for climbing guide.
- Group climbing equipment (rope,pitons,snow bars,etc.).
- Guide/porter insurance costs.
- Garbage deposit($250 per group)with NMA.
COST DOES NOT INLUDES:
- Any services in Kathmandu (hotels,tours,etc.).
- Sleeping bags(can be hired in Kathmandu).
- Personal climbing equipment (ice-axe,crampons,harness etc).
- Bottled/alcoholic drinks, tips and personal expenses.
- Client insurance,evacuation costs(if any).
- Airport tax, tips and expenses of a personal nature
- Domestic air-fare(Ktm/Lukla/ktm).
—– o0o —–
NEPAL TOURIST VISA
- Nepal visa is readily available on arrival at the International Airport in Kathmandu and all other entry points to Nepal.
- 2 passport photos will be required.
- Single Entry visa: US$ 30 per visa (valid for 60 days).
- Multiple Entry visa: US$ 80 per visa (valid for 150 days).
Nepal Visas are also available in all Nepalese Embassies and Consulates.
—– o0o —–
Our trek price includes basic rooms in local trekkers lodges which have simple 2 bedded rooms with common toilets/showers. In some places like Lukla, Namache and Kumjung some newly upgraded lodges have rooms with attached toilets-showers but this will cost extra (about US$ 20-30 per room per night). Some lodges now offer even better rooms but can cost even more.
—– o0o —–
Note: The above itinerary is a sample, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc.,may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety,comfort and general well being.
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).