20Days Makalu Base Camp Trek.
20Day Makalu Base Camp Trek Nepal
20Days Makalu Base Camp Trek Nepal leads to the base of fifth highest Peak in the world,“Makalu(8481m)”& at an altitude of 5250m one of the highest Base Camps on this planet. Makalu Base Camp Trek Route located in Makalu Barun National Park is one of the less less trodden mountain trails in Nepal Himalayas. This Trek provides Trekkers uninterrupted views of Mt.Everest, Lhotse, Chamlang, Baruntse and Makalu. Makalu Base Camp Trek is strenous and is meant for Seasoned and Fit Trekkers. Trek begins with an hours flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and Passes through verdant forests of the Makalu-Barun National Park.
TRIP FACTS :
- Style of Trek: Camping.
- Duration: 19Nights & 20 Days.
- Number of Days on Trek: 19 Days.
- Highest Camping Site: 5000m (Makalu BC).
- Trek Grade: Strenous.
- Minimum No. of Participants: 2 Persons.
- Starting Point: Kathmandu.
- Ending Point: Kathmandu
- Best Season : March to May and September to December.
- Climate: Days are normally warm. Nights can at times be (general) very cold and in winter even below the freezing point. Monsoon showers in summer (heaviest in July, August) and sometimes even in spring and autumn.
- Trek availability: Private treks for minimum 2 persons on request. No group departures available.
- Customized private Treks can also be arranged for a minimum of two persons on request on a date of your choice.
Itinerary for Makalu Base Camp Trek Nepal
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Tumlingtar. Trek to Khadbari(1040m/4hrs). Camping
Day 02: Khadbari to Chichila(1830m/5-6hrs). Camping
Day 03: Chichila to Num(1490m/5hrs). Camping
Day 04: Num to Sedua (1460m/5/6hrs). Camping
Day 05: Sedua to Tashi Gaon(2070m/5hrs). Camping
Day 06: Tashi Gaon to Kauma(3470m/6hrs). Camping
Day 07: Rest / Exploration day at Kauma. Camping
Day 08: Kauma to Mumbuk(3570m/5hrs). Camping
Day 09: Mumbuk to Nhe Kharka(3000m/6hrs). Camping
Day 10: Nhe Kharka to Sherson(4615m/7hrs). Camping
Day 11: Sherson to Makalu Base Camp(5000m/4/5hrs). Camping
Day 12: Explore Makalu Base Camp. Camping
Day 13: Makalu Base Camp to Nhe Kharka(3000m/7hrs). Camping
Day 14: Nhe kharka to Mumbuk(3570m/6hrs). Camping
Day 15: Mumbuk to Kauma(3470m/5hrs). Camping
Day 16: Kauma to Tashi Gaon(2070m/5hrs). Camping
Day 17: Tashi Gaun to Pukuwa(1520m/6hrs). Camping
Day 18: Pukuwa to Bumling(1160m/5hrs). Camping
Day 19: Bumling to Tumlingtar(860m/4hrs). Camping / LODGE. End of Makalu Basae Camp Trek Nepal.
Day 20: Fly Tumlingtar – Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight.
|COSTS :US$1700 per Person|
| Airfare Kathmandu-Tumlingtar -Kathmandu :- US$280/person (Flight Fare extra as applicable)|
Restricted Area Permit (Extra as applicable): US$10 per Person per week. After one week it is US$20 per person per week payable in convertible foreign currency.
Indian Nationals kindly enquire within for quotes in Indian Rupees
TREK COST INCLUDE:
- Porter/s to carry luggage (1 porter for 2 persons);
- Accommodation in Twin Share Water Proof Tents with sleeping Mats, Dinning Tent, Kitchen Tent & Toilet Tent.
- Contribution to guide transport;
- Guide/porter insurance costs;
- National Park Fees.
- Services of an English Speaking registered Guide.
- All three meals while on the Trek v.i.z. Breakfasts, lunches and Dinners.
- Airfare Kathmandu – Tumlintar – Kathmandu.
- Any services in Kathmandu, hotel/meals, etc.
- Nepal visa fees;
- Sleeping bags (can be hired @ $1 per night in Kathmandu);
- Personal clothing/equipment;
- Client insurance of any kind;
- Cost of evacuation (if any);
- Bottled/alcoholic drinks;
- Tea/coffee – other than at breakfast;
- Expenses of personal nature
Note: The above itinerary is a sample,intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule.Numerous factors such as weather,road conditions,the physical ability of the participants,etc.,may dictate itinerary changes either before departure or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change this schedule in the interest of the trip participant’s safety,comfort and general well being.
Recommendations: The trek is a relatively difficult requiring good physical fitness. Few weeks training is advised and a physical fitness check-up is a must
(All relevant Terms & Conditions apply).